iMesh is a media and peer-to-peer file sharing program which also provides other features such as online social network. While lots of users use the software every day, many users encounter problems and want to remove iMesh. The most frequent asked question is whether iMesh is safe. It is hard to say. First, the software downloaded from the official website is surely a legitimate one, but users could still get virus from iMesh. As the software is designed to download files, it is a possible access for any pc threat. The software is of low security. Is your computer infected by iMesh virus? Do you encounter problems with uninstalling iMesh? You could get a solution here.
How to get rid of iMesh?
If you just want to uninstall iMesh, you could go to Start-Settings-Control Panel-Add/Remove programs, chose iMesh and click “Remove” button. If the “INSTALL.LOG” message pops up, you need to manually remove the relative folders, files and registry entries.
1. Remove the iMesh directory (usually it’s “c:\program files\” )
2. Click Start – Search – Type imesh. Delete all files in the search result
3. Remove registry entries. Go to Start – Run…- Type regedit. When registry editor runs, click My Computer – HKEY_CURRENT_USER – Software. Find out iMesh folder and remove it
Another simple way to uninstall the software is download a new one from its official site and install the new one to cover the original version.
This is just to uninstall the software. If you want to remove iMesh virus, you need a legitimate antivirus program. You should turn off system restore for fear any leftover uses system restore to reinstall iMesh virus.
1. Turn off system restore
- Right-click My Computer (either on the start menu or the desktop), Select Properties.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore
- Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box. Click OK.
2. Restart computer and enter Safe Mode
3. Update your antivirus to scan iMesh virus
4. After the virus is removed, create a restore point
Notes: once you turn off system restore, all existing restoring points will be removed. That is to say you could not use system restore if your antivirus does not remove the virus. Considering this disadvantage, we recommend you to either restore system or choose an effective iMesh virus removal program.
Do you want to know an iMesh virus removal program? PC Safe Doctor is a good choice. With the powerful double-engine, no threat could escape from PC Safe Doctor. Unknown files will be sent to the server for further analysis.
- Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Puma.lu Removal - How to Get Rid of Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Puma.lu
- Email-worm.win32.net Removal - How to Remove Email-worm.win32.net
- Simple Ways to Remove Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Horst.abn in Minutes
- SONAR.ProcHijack!gen3 Removal Help - How to Remove SONAR.ProcHijack!gen3 instantly
- Computer running slowly? You deserve the best tool for speeding your slow PC now!
- How to Get Rid of Home.myplaycity.com Redirect Virus
- Backdoor.Nitol Removal Help - How to Remove Backdoor.Nitol easily
- Windows Antispy Network Removal - How to Remove Windows Antispy Network quickly
- What is My Web Search and How to Remove My Web Search Entirely from Windows