Is your web browser redirected to Somoto.com from time to time? Do you find a toolbar called Somoto installed on your browser without your acknowledge? The website is a fake search engine. If your browser is redirected, you should check whether any unknown website is installed first. If you could find one, remove it immediately. Usually, the redirection problem is caused by Somoto, a malicious toolbar, which is installed without users’ contents. So it is classified as browser hijacker. Once it is installed, it will change browser settings, modify windows registry and create various files so as to prevent itself from being uninstalled easily. You may encounter problem with removing Somoto. Now learn the correct ways in the following passages.
How to remove Somoto completely
I have three different ways here, some of which may be just suitable for advanced computer users. So choose a method that you like.
You could use the uninstall function on web browser to get rid of the unwanted add-ons. Take Firefox for example.
1. Run Firefox.- click Tools – click Add-ons.
2. Choose Extensions; find out Somoto and click Uninstall button.
3. Select Search; click Remove button.
4. Click OK to save the changes.
5. Go Tools → Options, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com, etc. under the General tab.
This method requires certain computer knowledge and is not recommended to common users.
1. Remove the following entries via registry editor
2. Remove the following files and folders
It is the most recommended removal method. As it is easy enough for every user and guarantees a complete removal. That is to remove the malicious browser hijacker by a legitimate antivirus program.
Are you wondering which security program could remove Somoto effectively? PC Safe Doctor is one of the most recommended removal programs. You could get rid of all problems in 6 simple steps.
1. Download PC Safe Doctor and then turn off all browsers
2. Install and run the antispyware
3. Wait until it complete update automatically
4. Run a full scan
5. Click remove button to get rid of detected threats
6. Click check button to analyze unknown files
As you see, PC Safe Doctor could not only remove Somoto but also check all unknown files on your computer. Most computers run faster after a thorough system check.
- Windows Health Keeper Removal - How to Remove Windows Health Keeper safely
- Windows Registry Problems -- 4 Tips for maintaining PC Security by Fixing Windows Registry
- Windows Safety Checkpoint Removal - How to Remove Windows Safety Checkpoint quickly
- Trojan.Gatak!gen1 Removal - How to Get Rid of Trojan.Gatak!gen1 instantly
- System Defragmenter Removal Guide - How to Remove System Defragmenter Step by Step
- Runclips.com Removal - How to Get Rid of Runclips.com quickly
- Adware.OneStep Removal Instruction - How to Remove Adware.OneStep Completely
- Trend Chipaway Virus Removal - How to Remove Trend Chipaway Virus easily
- XP Micro Antivirus Removal Guide - How to Remove XP Micro Antivirus entirely